In your role as Bid Writer, you will support the Bid Manager to source and qualify tender opportunities, define win themes and bid strategies, and apply your writing skills and attention to detail to write persuasive, well-presented tender responses. You will also work closely with the wider Client Services team to produce compelling proposals and pre-sales materials.
The following list highlights the key, but not exhaustive, set of activities within the role.
- Reviewing tender alerts and assessing the suitability of tender opportunities for Aurion solutions.
- Providing summary overviews of relevant tender opportunities to the Client Services team.
- Working collaboratively with the Bid Manager to schedule, plan and complete proposals and tenders against firm deadlines.
- Contributing to and assisting in the completion of attractive and compelling tender responses for public and private sector clients.
- Collaborating with the wider network of Aurion colleagues to gather the required inputs for the completion of proposals and tender responses.
- Communicating tender and proposal deadlines to other team members to manage their contributions to the response process.
- Monitoring and reporting on the status and outcomes of bids and proposals submitted by the Client Services team.
- Compiling high-quality solution proposals and pre-sales documents on the basis of detailed requirements briefs from Client Services colleagues and in line with Aurion proposal guidelines.
- Contributing creatively to the continuous improvement of our bid process and suggesting innovative ways to help explain our solutions and expertise to prospective clients.
- Maintaining an accurate and current content library of bid materials.
- Excellent written communication skills (writing, editing and proofreading): ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrable experience of writing compelling and persuasive documents
- Excellent attention to detail, including use of grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary, and presentation of documents
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and problem solving skills
- High level of IT proficiency, including (desirable) Canva or similar design tools
- Time management and organisation skills: ability to prioritise and meet firm deadlines
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- Experience of working in IT/Digital Media/Education sector